Seeking a highly motivated, team oriented individual well versed in the architecture, algorithms and design of leading-edge communications waveforms. The individual will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations and a collaborative team setting. The individual will develop creative and innovative solutions for our customer’s problems. Challenges include short development schedules, resource constraints, and evolving security requirements. Further a successful candidate must be:
- Advance waveform innovation throughout the company and identify strategies to bridge gaps by applying relevant technologies
- Monitor waveform-related research and technologies internal and external to the company, and provide thought leadership to the community and to Customers
- Develop waveforms to support proposed system architectures
- Research and apply waveform-related technologies, like signal detection and exploitation
- Able to communicate effectively with contacts inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence executive leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Able to describe complex system solutions to audiences of varying technical backgrounds and establish support/enthusiasm for a proposed solution
- Minimum Bachelors degree required with 15+ years of software engineering experience to include:
- Experience with C/C++, OOD, embedded
- Experience and extensive background in signal processing and communications theory
- Experience and extensive knowledge with advanced waveforms and SDR platform
- 10+ years working in the current state of waveform technologies and advanced research
- 7+ years of experience applying advanced research and technologies to Customer-oriented solutions
- Active Secret security clearance, or active within the past 2 years.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Masters/Doctorate degree highly desired, with 13+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Experience leading Agile projects
- Experience with commercial and DOD open architecture initiatives
- Experience prototyping and evaluating waveforms in MATLAB or other simulation tools
- Experience programming with C/C++ in embedded Linux and/or with FPGA’s
- Broad knowledge of Harris technology and capabilities, and an ability to drive cultural and business shifts
- Self-motivated and capable of performing with limited oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills