Seeking a highly motivated, team oriented individual well versed in leading-edge communications products. This position is responsible for managing highly experienced professionals, and managers focused on a variety of Networking Waveforms. This position will be responsible for overseeing providing. The Director will oversee the development of creative solutions for our customer’s problems. Challenges include short development schedules, resource constraints, and evolving security.
- Manages highly experienced professionals, supervisors, or managers.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for department/unit to ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish departmental business results
- Direct teams that serve as a central resource for with design, development, integration, test, quality of new and existing waveforms.
- Work to influence others to accept team’s views or practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business area or functional teams
- Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Recognized as an external and internal expert and thought leader with deep and substantive technical expertise as well as advanced business knowledge and leadership capabilities.
- Along with direct mangers, ensures completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Ensures that waveforms delivered meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the WF project.
- Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed MS Project schedules.
- Uses Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reports to manage project performance.
- BS Degree in Science or Engineering fields with 15 years of project engineering experience or MS Degree in Science or Engineering fields with 13 years of project engineering experience.
- PMP Certified
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Secret security clearance desired.
- Experience with networking waveforms.
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum and Kanban) SDLC, CMMI, DevOps and standard software development processes required
- Knowledge of best practices for: embedded software design processes, software/FPGA design, code development processes, release processes for simultaneous release of multiple devices
- Familiarity with code and process management tools such as GIT, SVN and DOORS
- Experience working proposals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a technical information environment.